By Friday we will change our current help desk system to a new system based upon Active Social. The new system will leverage the Messaging API and serve as an example of how you can build custom applications within Active Social. Here are a few of the initial features:
- Allow registered users to initiate various inquiries
- Support Tickets
- License Reset
- Pre-Sales Questions
- General Questions
- Inquiries will be sent to a group (Active Modules Staff) using the Messaging API.
- User that originally submitted request will be instantly updated using the built in Notifications functionality.
- Ability to create a support ticket from an existing forum post.
- Staff will have one click access to user history, activity and account details.
If you have ever used getsatisfaction.com or uservoice.com you will have a pretty good idea of the direction we are heading. We plan to use this internally for several weeks before we make it available as an add-on. Any feedback you have will be greatly appreciated.