RSS Feed Available AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

OpenForce Day 1 - Active Social Sneak Peek

by Will M on 12 Nov 2008 12:39 AM

The first day of OpenForce has been fantastic.  The day started off with the keynote from Shaun Walker where he announced DotNetNuke Professional.  We spent the rest of the day getting our booth and demo ready for the first night on the expo floor.  We talked to a couple dozen people tonight.  I don't want to jump the gun, but I think we have a winner with Active Social. 

We talked with a handful of existing customers along with several new users.  We were able to listen to their experiences trying to piece together a social networking site with DotNetNuke.  The best part for me is when a customer says, "That looks great but can it do this ...".  Tonight, I was able to say yes everytime and then show them how.  One person wanted to know how he could buy our demo site.  A very exciting night for Active Modules.

Below are a few of the key points that got people the most excited.

1) Complete solution from one vendor with support.
2) Registration Wizard
3) 100% Template driven.
4) Active Social includes Active Forums Enterprise.
5) Turnkey package - Active Social and DotNetNuke bundle in one easy to install package.  (This is our demo site)
6) One profile between all modules.

There were a few more that I will share tomorrow. 

Big day today and an even bigger one tomorrow.  I will post some screen captures during the breaks tomorrow.

One last thing.  You really need to checkout the OpenForce Live site that R2i put together.  Interviews, pictures and more.
http://oflive.r2integrated.com/

Thanks,
Will

6 Comments for OpenForce Day 1 - Active Social Sneak Peek

MHuijbregts
    MHuijbregts
    13 Nov 2008 04:07 PM
    www.biservices.eu
    Hi Will,

How was the event last night? Could you please shed a bit more light on Active Social? Just (very) curious!!!

Thanks,
    Marc
    Duane
    Duane
    13 Nov 2008 10:24 PM

Marc,

Last night’s Social was a great success, lot’s of interactive socializing and tons of prizes. For one who never win anything I was selected in the first few tickets drawn. Whoo hoo, thanks to John I realized they called my number!!!

I personally what to publicly thank Will for the hospitality and all of his efforts, it really nice to put faces to emails and forum post last night.

I am whipped out as I am sure Will and John are too!

The new Active Social will come in 3 versions, complete Active Social package, add on to existing DNN installation and an Active Hosted Package.

I am sure you will see more details posted by Will ASAP, but I will say he has listened to everything we have requested and more!!!

As I said the other day well worth the wait!!!

Thanks Will,
    Duane

Steven Webster
    Steven Webster
    14 Nov 2008 09:24 AM
    www.overlooktechnologies.com
    Me too!
    MHuijbregts
    MHuijbregts
    14 Nov 2008 12:37 PM
    www.biservices.eu
    Hi Duane,

Thanks for your response. It seems to me that you have had an excellent time. Too bad that I'm located on the other side of the ocean .

It is very nice to sense your enthousiasm, but this makes me even more curious!!! I'll will be checking my mailbox as much as possible from now on .

Regards,
    Marc
    OurLink
    14 Nov 2008 02:11 PM
    www.ourlink.net
    I feel like a kid on Christmas eve...... Can't we open just one present?

We're anxiously awaiting the preview for Active Social here at OurLink Technologies where we have a back load of customers waiting for a .Net based Social Networking Platform. We hope the wait is almost over as we're sure it will be well worth the wait.

Hope you guys all had fun out in Vegas... We'll probably never know since "What Happens in Vegas stays in Vegas", right? ;=)
    Stephen Nill
    Stephen Nill
    17 Nov 2008 03:36 PM

Turning... blue... holding... breath... for... Active Social....
    test
    Copyright 2012 by DotNetNuke Corporation / Terms of Use / Privacy