> Forums > Active Forums > Feedback and Requests > Email Subscription improvements.
Last Post 17 Oct 2012 05:42 PM by Ian Sampson. 7 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
Shad Pulley
Customers
Shad Pulley

--
10 Nov 2010 04:19 PM
    1. Allow for a quick and easy unsubscribe for users. It should be in the form of a link that can be included in the email that says "Click here to unsubscribe" with a link to a url that automatically unsubscribes them. Trying to explain to people how to go to a topic or forum page, not knowing it they were subscribed to a topic of a forum and where to uncheck a box is cumbersome, and frustrating for the user.

2. Bring back the subscription manager. The old version had a great subscription management piece. Even though it wasn't perfect, at least it was something. Also give admins/moderators the ability to manage subscriptions for users.

The difficulty of email subscriptions is in the top 5 complaints that I get about my site.
    Shad Pulley
    Webmaster - Model Railroads Online

Follow my progress as I convert to DNN in my blog:
    http://RenovatingMLS.blogspot.com
    Frozen DNN
    Customers
    Frozen DNN

--
    10 Nov 2010 05:30 PM
    +1
    DotNetNuke Corp. has a time machine. It acquires modules and sends them back to the stone age. e.g. Active Social.
    AllanE
    Customers
    AllanE

--
    29 Nov 2010 09:59 AM
    I love the idea of a "unsubscribe-link"!!

I don't think that the subscription manager is relevant if you have the unsubscribe feature, though.
    NFXBeats
    Customers
    NFXBeats

--
    20 Dec 2010 01:38 PM
    +1 also.

John
    Registered Users
    John

--
    16 Mar 2012 10:50 AM
    +1
    Joseph
    Customers
    Joseph

--
    04 Aug 2012 01:25 AM
    If the forum email had a token this would be easy, you could just embed the token in the email template. Without the token you have to either create a custom template for each forum email (the mail connector allows for unique templates) OR you can include text in the email stating something like:

If you no longer wish to receive these updates please respond to this email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the message subject and leave the message body blank.
    Frozen DNN
    Customers
    Frozen DNN

--
    04 Aug 2012 02:24 PM

Posted By Joseph on 04 Aug 2012 01:25 AM

If you no longer wish to receive these updates please respond to this email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the message subject and leave the message body blank.

Joseph, has that ever worked?

My users still complaint about it. They still receive the emails even after doing that. Do you still have to keep the code as is in the subject line?

Does this method unsubscribe you from the forum or the particular thread? Does this work is the auto-subscription is on?

Thanks.
    DotNetNuke Corp. has a time machine. It acquires modules and sends them back to the stone age. e.g. Active Social.
    Ian Sampson
    Customers
    Ian Sampson

--
    17 Oct 2012 05:42 PM
    It would also be helpful to give users the option to have Daily or Weekly updates sent from the forums they subscribe to.

A lot of users complain about their inbox becoming full of individual emails from each reply.
    > Forums > Active Forums > Feedback and Requests > Email Subscription improvements.
    ---