> Forums > Active Social > Community Support > Waiting for answers from experts
Last Post 24 Apr 2012 03:49 PM by Ben - DotNetNuke. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
Sara
Registered Users
Sara

--
26 Mar 2012 10:56 PM
    • Active Social Version: 1.9.4
    • DotNetNuke Version: 5.6.2
    Hi,

I added two new topics and asked two simple questions in those topics on March 11, 2012. But I am still waiting for the responses from the experts. Even I can't see those topics in 'My topics'. Please help asap.

Below are the two questions which I asked:

1) How do we turn on email notification when a new group is added? Who does this email go to?
    2) How are categories different than group types?

Thanks!

duane
    Registered Users
    duane

--
    17 Apr 2012 06:28 PM
    2 very good questions...

I have been playing with these settings pertaining to your question and I don't see them doing much at all besides being completely internal email messages.
    For instance under [control panel] and [design] you can select any one of the many email templates, but yet I see no where to turn them on for administrative use.

i.e. send an email when a group is created, or when a group is approved, sure you have to set up under [control panel] as to who can create a group, but all of my tests, never sends a group email to me the administrator, they however send a new user email from my email account listed under the [control panel]

Maybe Ben can shine some light here.
    Sara
    Registered Users
    Sara

--
    20 Apr 2012 10:54 AM
    Hi Support,

Can anyone from the support give answers to the qustions? Looks like I m just hitting in the dark

Thank You.
    Ben - DotNetNuke
    DotNetNuke Staff
    Ben - DotNetNuke

--
    24 Apr 2012 03:49 PM
    1) When a new group is created, if it requires moderation, you will get a message in the notification section of the messages inbox.
    2) The main difference would be that group types can be used to have multiple group view templates.
    > Forums > Active Social > Community Support > Waiting for answers from experts
    ---